President Shavkat Mirziyoev adopted a decree to establish the Ministry of housing and communal services of the Republic of Uzbekistan. The main tasks and activities of the Ministry as the body of state administration are:
- implementation of unified state policy and intersectoral coordination in the sphere of housing and communal services;
- ensuring the implementation of government programs to build affordable apartment buildings, the implementation of functions of the customer on construction of these homes and the water supply, sewerage, heat supply, arrangement of demolition of dilapidated housing;
- coordination of activities of partnerships of private owners of housing, control over observance of requirements on maintenance, operation and definition of operating costs of multifamily housing stock, rules and norms of technical maintenance of apartment houses, the maintenance of the adjacent territory of apartment houses in accordance with sanitary norms, rules and hygienic standards;
- development and organization of qualitative performance of development programs, modernization and reconstruction of objects of water supply and sewerage, heat supply systems in conjunction with development schemes and master plans of settlements, coordination and management of the organizations involved;
- introduction of a system of housing and communal services, resource and energy saving technologies and equipment, including equipment of objects of housing and communal services with modern measuring and metering devices, wide use of modern and high-quality domestic construction materials, products, providing a cost reduction of construction works;
- development of proposals for improving normative-legal base in the sphere of housing and communal services;
- formation, in conjunction with the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan a tariff policy on the provision of services for water supply, sewerage, heat supply, implementation of complex of measures on strengthening of the economic stability of organizations of housing and communal services.